Daniel Miller is the founder of Mute and NovaMute, launched in 1978 with his own 7” single – ‘Warm Leatherette’ under the name The Normal.
Since then, Mute has grown from Miller’s one-man operation into a global group of companies and today, as ever, Miller remains heavily focussed on Mute’s creative output.
Although he DJ’d many years ago, Daniel Miller’s recent DJing was inspired by an invitation from Karl O’Connor aka Regis who invited him to perform at a Sandwell District event at Berlin’s Berghain. There he caught the bug to play again and since has been playing regular techno sets worldwide including Sonar, ENTER at Space in Ibiza, ADE in Amsterdam, IMS at Ibiza, Electron festival, LEAF festival in London as well as at Culture Box in Copenhagen, Bootleg in Tel Aviv and, of course, a legendary performance at M-Nus’ Christmas Boiler Room in Berlin.
“NovaFuture Blog Mix June 2020”
01. Terence Fixmer – The Silence
02. Populist – Temple
03. Fidelity Kastrow – Daughter Of Darkness
04. Polly Scattergood – In This Moment (Chris Liebing Remix)
05. Motor – Sweatbox
06. Terence Fixmer – Elevation (Fixmer’s Reinterpretation)
07. Nicolas Bougaïeff – Thalassophobia
09. Chris Liebing – Card House (Radio Slave Remix)
10. Chris Liebing – Trilogy (ANNA Remix)
11. Collabs – untitled
“TtatLD001” by Populist (aka Daniel Miller & Nicolas Bougaïeff)
compilation “Hammahalle” w/ Daniel Miller track on Sisyphon
“Warm Leatherette / T.V.O.D.” by The Normal (Daniel Miller) on Mute
NovaMute releases on our blog
Mute stuff on our blog
special about “Warm Leatherette”
Noviton for Daniel Miller