About the concept:
Here is the forty-sixth instalment of our series “abc plays xyz”.
The idea behind it is to ask some DJs/mixing artists if they have an artist or label in mind that they love and would like to use for a mix.
So the approach of each mix is clear: the choosen DJ/mixing artist makes a selection of tracks produced by one artist (and her/his monikers) or released on a label (and its sublabels) and creates a nice mix from it.
Find links to all instalments at our overview. Today we present you The Czap’s mix of tracks released on CLR.
About The Czap:
In 1999, at the peak time of the German techno culture, a Polish born guy named Artur Czabainka aka the CZAP entered the dancefloors of clubs in Frankfurt area like Palazzo, Dorian Gray and U60311 and was immediately flashed by the sound so he spent most of his spare time in these clubs and became a regular.
Inspired by the loop techno of Carl Cox and others he decided to become a DJ too, to spin the records he loved. So he bought much vinyls as possible, stuff by Chris Liebing, Adam Beyer, Dj Rush, The Advent, Speedy J, Steve Rachmad etc.
After playing at some gigs in small clubs around Koblenz you heard the name The Czap more and more often so he got the attention of bigger clubs. At least after winning a slot at Nature One in 2003 it was impossible to stop him.
So he got a residency at S38 Koblenz and appeared from time to time in venues like Tresor in Berlin or Elektroküche in Cologne.
At the same his desire to improve himself grew so he integrated digital players after playing with up to 3 turntables plus effect sampler.
In 2007, after a 3 years break caused by his daily job, he conquered the booths of Tresor and U again. Nowadays he is resident of clubs like U60311 (Frankfurt am Main), Unter Tage (Koblenz), Über Tage (Koblenz) etc.
Chris Liebing is a Techno pioneer, dj, producer, CLR podcast host, radio host and the driving force behind CLR. He has been one of the first djs who fully embraced the digital age of music. Since then he has never stopped working on his dj and production setup’s and has finally reached a point of complete satisfaction with his technical and artistic possibilities.
Listen & Download:
“The Czap plays CLR” (download coming soon)
The Czap About His Choice:
Chris Liebing and his sound had a huge impact on me since he had run the „Es ist Freitag-aaabend“ partys. This evolved into a 18 years lasting friendship.
01. Monoloc & Daniel Wilde – When I Get Older
02. Motor feat. Douglas McCarthy – The Knife (Brian Sanhaji Remix)
03. Chris Liebing vs. Green Velvet – Auf und Ab und Kinda High (Dustin Zahn Mix)
04. Chris Liebing – Auf Und Ab (Drumcell & Audio Injection Noise Remix)
05. Traversable Wormhole – Closed Timelike Curve (Marcel Dettmann Remix)
06. Motor – Sweatbox [Chris Liebing Remix]
07. Pfirter – Mi Estudio
08. Tommy Four Seven – Track 5
09. Tommy Four Seven – Armed 3 (Dj Emerson Remix)
10. Traversable Wormhole – When 2D Meets 3D (Original Mix)
11. Flug – Consequences
12. The Horrorist – One Night In New York City (Chris Liebing Remix)
13. Emptyset – Avichi (Monoloc Remix)
14. Alloy Mental – Fire (Chris Liebing Remix)
15. Brian Sanhaji – Higgs
16. Emptyset feat Cornelius Harris – Altogether lost (Ripperton’s Underground Kingdom Mix)
Terence Fixmer’s “Depth Charged (Remixes)” on CLR
Luis Flores’ “Test Pattern” on CLR
Terence Fixmer’s “Depth Charged” on CLR
Psyk’s “Eclipse” on CLR
Black Asteroid – Grind EP” on CLR