About the concept:
Here is the ninety-ninth instalment of our series “abc plays xyz”.
The idea behind it is to ask some DJs/mixing artists if they have an artist or label in mind that they love and would like to use for a mix.
So the approach of each mix is clear: the choosen DJ/mixing artist makes a selection of tracks produced by one artist (and her/his monikers. or released on a label (and its sublabels. and creates a nice mix from it.
Find links to all instalments at our overview. Today we present you Altrd Being’s mix of stuff released on Zooloft.
About Altrd Being:
Altrd Being a.k.a. C Isid is 1/2 of Motionen and co-founder and curator of Ascetic Limited, he has been involved in the techno scene since 2008 and has been a raver since 2006 as a DJ/Producer he has been published under his 3 different projects on labels from all around the globe from Latin America to Germany, he now lives in Tbilisi but has been a traveler for some tine and has lived in cities with thriving techno scenes such as Los Angeles, Madrid and spends some times on and off in Berlin, he is no stranger to the booth both in clubs and in warehouses where he has shared booth with some of the most respected names in underground techno. most notably he has been guest to clubs such as Khidi (Tbilisi), Suicide Circus (Berlin), U0PI4 (Madrid) and in underground venues like LA Structures (Los Angeles) One Night (Manchester) and many others.
His sound ranges From Deep Hypnotic Techno to Harder more straight forward bangers.
Dark and Drone-Techno label run by Giorgio Gigli and Obtane.
Conceptual Electronic Music on limited wax.
Closed in December 2013 (and perhaps will be reopened soon).
Listen & Download:
“Altrd Being plays Zooloft” (download coming soon)
Altrd Being About His Choice:
I chose Zooloft for the ABC plays XYZ mix because it was always a sought after Label that i was collecting their wax since my early days of DJing it’s a label that was created by Georgio Gigli & Obtane as an output for their own musical projects together and collaborations with some other great artist and some really ace Remixes. Zooloft as a label I can say is one of those projects that was very well curated and it has an element of rarity since it is a vinyl only label and had no represses I was lucky enough to come across this label early on and any time I could find them I would buy some of their presses, I can say this label has a very deep and mystical sound that has influenced my personal taste in a big way as very few labels have in my years in being involved with DJing, Producing and promoting Techno music.
01. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Patterns Of Behaviour
02. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Psychological Scene Of The Imagination (Psychoacoustic Edit)
03. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Individual Submission To The System
04. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Transmission
05. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Social Deconstruction
06. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Chemistry Of Human Life
07. Georgio Gigli – Memory Shadows
08. Georgio Gigli – Hidden In The Darkness
09. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – The Different Perception Of Silence
10. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – You Can’t Hide Yourself
11. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Chemistry Of Human Life (Mike Parker Rmx)
12. Milton Bradly – Escaped From The Dark
13. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Unvulnerable Prototype
14. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Psychological Scene Of The Imagination (Milton Bradley Remix)
15. Giorgio Gigli, Obtane & nAX Acid – The Moon That Was Watching The Child
16. Giorgio Gigli, Obtane & nAX Acid – The Child That Was Watching The Moon
17. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Theory Of Radical Structures
18. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Psychological Scene Of The Imagination
19. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – The Different Perception Of Silence (Smear Remix)
20. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Theory Of Radical Structures (Orphx Remix)
21. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – The Revolt Of The Objects (Svreca Remix)
22. Tin Man – Ghost Of Techno
23. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Complementary System (Brando Lupi Remix)
24. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Unvulnerable Prototype
25. Giorgio Gigli & Obtane – Reception
Edit Select’s “Hi Line Extraction” on Lanthan.Audio
Point Collective for Edit Select