About the concept:
Here is the seventhy-first instalment of our series “abc plays xyz”.
The idea behind it is to ask some DJs/mixing artists if they have an artist or label in mind that they love and would like to use for a mix.
So the approach of each mix is clear: the choosen DJ/mixing artist makes a selection of tracks produced by one artist (and her/his monikers) or released on a label (and its sublabels) and creates a nice mix from it.
Find links to all instalments at our overview. Today we present you Kiruna’s mix of tracks released on Obscuur Records.
KIRUNA – currently 27 years old, born and currently living in Augsburg, has found his “musical home” in a number of different electronic genres early on in his life. Not long after coming across his first few Techno events, he eventually met his soon to be crew mates and the future artist collective – FACETS – was born.
Fast forward 1.5 years and KIRUNA can look back on numerous events (and artist bookings like Cleric (CLERGY, Figure) / Christian Wünsch (Polegroup, Tsunami Recordings) his crew and himself realized in their local scene.
Taking a lot from these experiences, from the artists he got to meet, as well as from regular visits to the thriving scene in Munich, KIRUNAs own style developed to consist of mostly fast-paced, raw and Industrial(ish) vibes, while his preference for breaky & trancy tunes diversifies the soundscape he puts to display in his performances and podcasts.
Right now, he stays busy expanding the FACETS collectives’ reach and working on his first few releases, which he expects to put out sometime in 2019. The crew also expects to make a return to organizing events in 2019.
About Obscuur Records:
Utrecht-based independent record label focused on harsh techno sounds, curated and run by Diederick Trampe.
Listen & Download:
“Kiruna plays Obscuur Records” (download coming soon)
Kiruna About His Choice:
I’ve chosen OBSCUUR Records for this podcast because I think that it’s a label featuring a very individual – sometimes pretty crazy – sound which I’ve known and followed for years now: Ranging from atmospheric tracks, spreading dark and super trippy vibes to releases that surprise you with a set of uncompromising industrial bangers, you might encounter everything and anything in between. Still united by a common “strangeness” throughout that variety, the OBSCUUR discography never falls short to surprise. To showcase – almost – the entirety of their musical spectrum (as well as seeing somewhat of a challenge about making a flowing mix out of this collection which doesn’t necessarily sound very similar most times) I thought: “This will be fun :)”.
01. Distra – Bysantine Blood (Wk[es] Remix)
02. Relapso – Espr III
03. Steam – The Bluff
04. Fresko – Conundrum (Shcuro Drums R Drugs Remix)
05. Ike Dusk – Warrior Song (Casper Hastings Remix)
06. Duellist – Sadistic Business (Krenzlin Remix)
07. Johan Platt – Polared
08. Dentis, MTD & Harushi Clan – Skank Hunt
09. Mickey Nox – Drive The Fucken Car
10. Time Traveler – In Order To Rebel
11. Avgusto & E110101 – Essere
12. Opål – Reflected
13. Ancestor – Reassemble
14. Ayarcana – Disease Control
15. Ben Techy – Machine Error
16. Another Alias – Standard Affair
17. DJ 309 – Genetic Force
18. Avgusto & E110101 – Null
19. Kalli – The Sod’s Law
20. Schuw, Marla Singer & Blackmont – Aszar (Marla Singer Remix)
21. Vlaysin & FLmm – Ancient Martian Signals
22. Relapso – Espr I
23. Basswell, Trym – Reality Hearts Me
24. ArchivOne – III
25. Falhaber – Repetitive Behaviour
26. Mark Morris – Irregular Possesion
27. AIROD – Vaga
28. Tim Tama & Incident Prism – Agares
29. TOP74 – Subaru SVX
30. Syrette – Intervention (Klankman Remix)
31. ArchivOne – Tape 3
32. Exsiderurgica – Autotreno
33. Lucindo & Desolato – Cyber Odyssey
34. Exsiderurgica – Quantum
35. Mickey Nox – All The Bodies Were Calm
36. Basswell & Trym – Rave To Madness
37. Maureille – People Follow Dictators