About the concept:
Here is the twenty-nineth instalment of our series “abc plays xyz”.
The idea behind it is to ask some DJs/mixing artists if they have an artist or label in mind that they love and would like to use for a mix.
So the approach of each mix is clear: the choosen DJ/mixing artist makes a selection of tracks produced by one artist (and her/his monikers) or released on a label (and its sublabels) and creates a nice mix from it.
Find links to all instalments at our overview. Today we present you Agonie’s mix of tracks released on DEMENT3D.
Born and raised in Berlin, electronic music accompanied him his whole life. Its versatility and Berlin’s culture led him soon enough to harder genres like Techno and 2 years ago to DJ decks. Starting on small illegal raves, in 2017 he had his first gigs at Mensch Meier and Griessmühle. Agonie chooses a to play with Vinyl for the feeling of analouge mixing, but combines it with CDs to allow a fast mixing style. In his sets he experiments with different styles of deep, dark and driving techno, to create sometimes energetic and rhytmic, or sometimes hypnotic flows
The Paris-based collective, led by Heartbeat & Francois X, has made a name for itself with powerful and bold aesthetics, and introducing some of the French capital’s most prominent electronic acts since 2011.
Consequently, DEMENT3D stands more for an attitude rather than for a musical style in itself, with a wide-open set of genres and influences : from DSCRD’s experimental excursions rooted in “musique concrète” to Ligovskoï’s purest ambient drones.
In 2016, the family is growing, as the label will announce a handful of ambitious projects, among which : a double album by In Aeternam Vale, a collaborative double EP by Antigone & Francois X, a double EP by Voiski, and new projects by Hiss:1292 and Ligovskoï, with remixes by Peder Mannerfelt, Abdulla Rashim, and Polar Inertia.
Text taken from facebook page
Listen & Download:
“Agonie plays DEMENT3D” (download coming soon)
Agonie About His Choice:
Early on I was encountered with the music of Polar Inertia and immediately I got flashed by the creativity and complexity of his music. He draw my attention to the label, which distinguishes itself through intelligent, gloomy and characteristic techno. This mix aims to reflect the deep abysses of Dement3d records, a label that I look on as synthesis of the arts.
01. Ligovskoï – Lethe
02. Polar Inertia – Indirect Light
03. Ligovskoï – Lethe (Polar Inertia Remix)
04. Antigone & Francois X – Ready To Escape
05. Hiss-1292 – Simbi
06. Polar Inertia – Parallel Transport
07. Hiss-1292 – An Ethereal World Created Through The ….
08. Antigone & Francois X – Love Trade
09. DSCRD – L’ Envers des Clefs (Lucy Remix)
10. Polar Inertia – Black Sun (Abdulla Rashim Remix)
11. Hiss-1292 – Augun
12. Valentino Mora – Wavellite
13. Valentino Mora – Elevate
14. Antigone & Francois X – Journey Home
15. Ligovskoï – Dilip (Antigone & Francois X Remix)
16. François X – Espheni
17. Polar Inertia – Major Axis
18. Polar Inertia – Floating Away Fire
19. Hiss-1292 – Eshu (Opuswerk Takes You Higher Version)
20. Hiss – 1292 – Known For Being Awkwardly Shaped Spaces
21. Francois X – Elusive Morality