About the concept:
Here is the one hundred and second instalment of our series “abc plays xyz”.
The idea behind it is to ask some DJs/mixing artists if they have an artist or label in mind that they love and would like to use for a mix.
So the approach of each mix is clear: the choosen DJ/mixing artist makes a selection of tracks produced by one artist (and her/his monikers. or released on a label (and its sublabels. and creates a nice mix from it.
Find links to all instalments at our overview. Today we present you stuff released on Thema Recordings and sublabels mixed by Lenny Posso.
About Lenny Posso:
Lenny Posso, a born and raised New Yorker, has traveled the ranks of the NYC dance music culture over the past two decades. Relishing in all things techno and house since day one, starting as a dancer in all of New York City’s famous hotspots in the early 90’s, eventually taking to the decks around 96’. An event promoter and currently label manager of 3 successful underground labels; Thema Recordings, Chronicle Records and Thema Digital Series. This year marks the 10th year anniversary of Thema with almost 100 releases spanning the labels and no sign of slowing down, the labels have built a reputation for putting out some of the most cutting edge, abstract, techno and house music coming out of the U.S. today. Lenny who is currently residing in Berlin, plays regularly throughout Europe, his native turf New York City, and various other burgeoning US cities. You can find him sharing his bold, energetic, eclectic, blend of techno funk in clubs such as Ouput, Berghain, Tresor, The Rex, Le Sucre, Griessmuehle… His motivation lies in the pursuit to positively engage the audience with the most current and obscure sounds of today, as well as yesterday, body music with a story…
About Thema Recordings:
Thema & Thema Digital Series is an on-going project/record label featuring Artists from around the world pushing the boundaries of future dance music.
Thema was built upon a renowned international roster that perpetuates the true power and importance of dance music culture. Cultivating roots in the vast spectrum of Techno, House, and Experimental, Thema consistently sets a high standard that has been embraced by top selectors worldwide, permeating throughout all well known clubs both big and small. Founded in Brooklyn by Lenny Posso in 2006 and mow based in Berlin, Thema continues to push boundaries and affirm a position in the world of avant-garde sonic funk by always keeping the focus centered on pure, raw, authentic music. A decade later, a new chapter begins.
Listen & Download:
“Lenny Posso play Thema Recordings” (download coming soon)
Lenny Posso About His Choice:
Lenny Posso is founder of Thema Recordings incl. sublabels like Chronicle, Spacial and the Thema Digital Series
01. Isaac Basker – Ritual of Double Parking (Vinyl Edit)
02. Oscar Offermann & Edward – What Have We Become
03. Mr. G – A Little Grainy One
04. Issac Basker – Hertz Beat
05. Ethan Borshansky – Structure The Sky
06. Elbee Bad – If Eye was From the D
07. Kosme – Fondamental
08. Suburb – 33RPM
09. Christopher Rau – Lost In Brooklyn (Norm Talley Remix)
10. Suburb – Grauzone
11. Christopher Rau – Swearing
12. Hokuto Sato – Never the Same
13. Ark & Pit Spector – Wrong Way (Alternative Version)
14. Kosme – Deep Function
15. Zadig – untitled
16. Usio – Field
17. DJ Slip – Available Light (Franco Cinelli Remix)
18. Donor / Truss – Sude 5
19. Dold – Untitled
20. Heiko Laux – Re-Televised
21. John Selway – Slide Into Your Space
22. Gabriella Vergilov – Boring Shit
23. Nander – Cardio
24. Myles Sergé – The Village
25. Gathaspar – Powstanie
26. Oisel – Replicante
27. Aubrey – Rodger Dodger
28. Terrence Dixon – Multiply
29. The Advent – Dorian Blue (Locked Groove)
30. The Advent – Kombination 100
31. Terrence Dixon – Minimalism (Mike Huckaby Remix)
32. Steve Pointdexter – Computer Madness (Jerome Sydenham & Function Remix)
33. Gathaspar – MEM